Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Apology Emerges

Ellis Williford, County Manager

“I’d like to take this opportunity to apologize to you and the other members of the board for any embarrassment I may have caused as a result of my use of inappropriate language on the night of July 9th, 2012” as Williford reads from a prepared statement during the County Commissioners meeting on Monday evening August 6th.
“I would also like to apologize to all the residents of the county for which I have had the honor of serving as manager for the past 19 years, for failing to conduct myself to the high standard which is expected of an appointed official. In addition I would also like to apologize to the employees of Wilson County for failing to conduct myself in the manner of which they have always demonstrated when involved with difficult situations.”  
Staff Writer/ Janet Conner-Knox
Photo/Brad Coville/Wilson Times

0 comments: