Friday, July 13, 2012

Where's The Money

Story Credit: News 14 Carolina Reporter Rebecca Fath reports the following;

WILSON, N.C.--Tension between animal rights advocates and the Wilson County Board of Commissioners is at a fever pitch after Monday night's meeting was canceled. But the county manager says the around $500,000 was put in the general fund and has already been spent to upkeep animal control.

"When I put together a recommended budget each year, a new shelter is so low on the priority list it never reaches my radar. We need sheriffs cars, we need radios,” said Wilson County Manager Ellis Williford.

"I'm feeling a little angry, disappointed, lied to, used. I'm just a bundle of emotions right now because I believe in my animals,” said Wilson resident Amanda Perry.

Animal rights advocates say they'll continue to fight for a new shelter, and they plan to continue attending board of commissioners meetings to have their voices heard.

(Follow the News 14 Carolina video link)

0 comments: