Wednesday, August 3, 2011

For The Record

In the past couple weeks, my name has been mentioned several times by a man who has been making comments in the local newspaper online comment section who has been identified as Daryl Barber. He's openly accused me of being a political hack and he's made false accusations that I've recently written comments on the following Wilson Times (WT) news articles: Please Redraw the lines & Do Away with Racial Lines or something to that affect if those headlines are incorrect. I've had friends share with me the things Barber has
                stated and the manner thereof.

I've ignored the rants, the name calling and negative comments until now. And let there be no mistake as to whether I did or did not contribute to comments written in the online comment section of the WT. I have not, but I am speaking out now.


Since you have so much to say about me, Daryl Barber I thought it only fair and fittng to oblige you and share my thoughts about you as well. Here's what I have to say. And as a personal FYI - from me to you, and I really want you to get this Daryl, there is no obligation on my part for the need to write "anything" in or on the online comment section of the Wilson Times.

I say what I want to say and feel the need to say in two places. Wilsonian Voices - the Blog & Wilsonian Voices - the FB page. I know how to create my own videos and post them accordingly when I feel the need to do so. That's the difference between me and you.

You weren't ranting, accusing and doing all that name calling when the videos posted featured you at the time. You were so eager to get your videos and articles posted you would literally call me at the hospital as I sat with my sister who lay dying at the time asking me when your videos, the ones that featured you at a city council meeting or county commissioners meeting would be placed on the blog. As long as it was all about you there were no problems. No ranting. No name calling. None of that but when you were called out for your "bad behavior of verbally abusing people" you quickly turned into the likes of a tasmanian devil.

When it comes to "free speech," I prefer being free to "roam around the cabin" as they say instead of being restricted or my words being edited and censored when dealing with the local newspaper as to what I can say. That's what makes the difference between me and you. Sitting around wondering if my articles or comments will get pass the WT gatekeepers and ever get published, such as yourself is not an option where I am concerned. It is indeed one of the the reasons I created Wilsonian Voices.

I wrote the following FB message yesterday (8/2/2011), not knowing my name was still being plastered and blasted in the comments section by you. (Oh, BTW, you accused somebody of being me. You really need to stop that. How presumptious of you to think you know someone just by the comments written. Unless it has a signature trademark such as yours. All caps, name calling and high-falutin' words you picked up from somewhere that you don't even know what they mean yourself. They just sound good and gives you the false appeareance that you're a bit more knowledgeable than the average bear. NOT! And ... You really do need to speak to that person you accused of being me and do the right thing by them like apologize you misspoke.)

Here's what I said on the facebook page. 

"We all can make a point without purposely insulting another. The name calling is not necessary and is prohibited in this atmosphere and on this fb page."

The intended insults placed in the WT's comment section by Daryl Barber were placed to demean and berate. With the intention to draw a reaction from Wilsonian Voices at the time they were placed.

I've heard it said " A fool has no delight in understanding nor can you reason with a fool." So let it be."

Daryl Barber mistated when he claimed he was banned from the community blog he used to be a guest blogger on. As of this writing, his pic was still an active one amongst the followers on the blog site.

Barber has not submitted nor contributed any materials to post to the community blog in quite some time. That's no fault of Wilsonian Voices.

He was un-friended as previously mentioned from this page for his rude behavior to others who are also friends on this page. And I will not tolerate that behavior here on this page. It's just that simple.

Getting through losing my sister earlier in the year and trying to get back into the swing of things by concentating on the community projects I am involved, leaves no room for foolishness and foolish folks.

I'm in a good place right now mentally and spiritually. And I intend to stay in this place of peace. Come what may. God looks out for HIS own. And I call that to be and decree it to be in my life and all of my FB Friends' lives as well. Shalom.

I've made the decision I will follow a right path for the right reason for every season. My choice. And in so choosing, I also choose to eliminate evil and wickedness others want to exemplify. Barber can do what he wants elsewhere. Perhaps he'll set up his own blogspot to continue his rants and raves for those who want to hear it.

Good Luck with that!
Zette McArn

5 comments:

Daryl Barber said...

zette you know damn well who i am. as long as i agreed with everything you did you loved my comments and blogging.( ie walking tall) and the Jagnandan shyster articles about his past and the wayne gay and ellis williford pay raise scandals. since you have become a a partisan political hack and toe the ousted democratic majority party line anyone who disagrees with you is bannned. black or white. IE community activist Robert James. does anyone even read or comment to this liberal drivelling anymore? thanks for your kind words about my letter and my excellant grammar and punctuation. as for my role in helping Calvin in the sheriffs race, he alone can decide what if any help i was in his campaign without your unsolisisted two cents worth. now go to cussing and personal attacking like you do everyone who doesnt agreed with you and your liberal mantra.i know your rhetoric as well as you know mine.

Anonymous said...

Well said and to the point. I hope Mr. Barber reads this and understands what you are saying to him. I hope you have better luck than the people who posted in the WT as he didn't seem to get it there. And like the one poster said, he does owe you an apology.

I know Daryl Barber said...

He acts like a man who is bi-polar and off his meds. And people like that can be a danger to himself and others. I've tried to talk to him but he just won't listen. he's bull headed. He needs to address his anger issues as well and seek medical help before he loses it.

Anonymous said...

you dont know daryl barber. you may think you do. character assasination at its finest.

Anonymous said...

What would blacks do without the pompous ass Daryl Barber who thinks he knows what's best for black folks in Wilson,NC. What the heck would Wilsonians do without him...