Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Speaking Truth To Power

WILSONIAN VOICES - We are SPEAKING TRUTH TO POWER. ALWAYS HAVE.

Like it. Lump it. Love It. It is what it is. And this is the "REAL DEAL". There are plenty of community issues that need solutions in this place we call home. You're either part of the problem by enabling it to exist. Or, you're a part of the solution, seeking ways to improve and empower.


What's your position. Hinderer, Helper, Healer or Hater.

What's going on in your community?
What citizen concerns do you have?
What solutions are you bringing to the table?

"People can be divided into three groups: Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wonder what happened." Which one . . . best describes you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are so simple yet powerful words. In recent days we have seen what happens when people see things and look the other way. It is easy to say I dont want to rock the boat, take the easy way out. But what about how our inaction affects others. Here in Wilson, we had our own little sorted sex scandal. And people have looked the other way, taken the easy way out. How many people would be taken down if the shenaigans that went on at the Sheriffs Office was investigated? We have heard thw stories but noone wants to be the whistle blower. If I had seen or heard or had evidence of what supposedly happened I would like to think I would come forward and tell what I know. Maybe someone who knows will tell. If I were a certain former detective I would be worried!

Anonymous said...

You know this story just doesnt seem to die. I always have heard where there is smoke there is fire. I am a big Woodard supporter, but I would hate to know he has turned a blind eye to this situation. I am sure there are ways to check if these allegations happened. Other law enforcement agenices have come forward when these things happen. They have email records, phone records, text messages as proof these things happened or did not happen. I wonder why this has not been put to rest one way or the other. Things like this always come out, Look at our own NCHP or Penn State. I would hate for Woodard to be caught up in a scandal that happened before he was in charge, but that he looked the other way.