Friday, April 30, 2010

Citizen's Opinion - Calvin Woodard for Sheriff

Woodard is Highly Qualified

I am writing this letter to the editor to show my support for Calvin Woodard in his campaign for the position of the next Wilson County sheriff. In my opinion and personal knowledge of current sheriff Wayne Gay, that in the few times I have had occasion to speak to Wayne Gay, he has either ignored me or snubbed me.

Two relations of mine were charged in the past instead of what I believe to be the actual perpetrators. Fortunately, their attorneys were very good attorneys. Due to the sole detective work of then-detective Calvin Woodard, they were found not guilty by a jury of their peers.
In all of the articles, advertisements and question-and-answer reports, Wayne Gay has bragged about his awards and positions he has held. He never speaks of his education. On the other hand, SBI agent Calvin Woodard, who has served as a deputy and detective in Wilson County, has not bragged at all about his actual accomplishments or positions he has held. Mr.Woodard is highly educated and in addition to his multiple degrees and training in fields and jobs that he may encounter as sheriff, he has only spoken about his education and his many accomplishments when asked.

I ask, as a concerned citizen of Wilson County, that those of you who actually care about the crimes that occur daily where we live and work to vote for Calvin Woodard on May 4, or on early voting days. Calvin Woodard is a wonderful man who really cares about each and every one of us. He is a very noble, truthful and humble man who will make a wonderful sheriff.

People know me to be a truthful and noble person. I also have multiple degrees and a lot of training during my many years as a private and public school teacher. I request that this letter be printed before the primary so that the readers can know the truth about the wonderful man who desires to be our next sheriff.


Diane Flowers



Article appeared in the Letter to the Editor section of the Wilson Times

0 comments: