Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Candid Look at Wayne Gay

Wayne Gay Apologizes
Posted by John Carter

I am a former Deputy Sheriff from Wilson County and worked for Wayne Gay for 3 1/2 years. Wayne Gay has offered some sort of apology for the things he has said since being soundly defeated by fellow democrats in the democrat primary. I have a problem with this; I think he meant and still means exactly what he originally said. Let's look into this in more detail.

"In November, I'm going to be there working just as hard as I have worked for the last 28 years to see that this doesn't happen, because I'm telling you in my opinion, he is not the right man to lead this county for the next four years, and I'm going to do everything I can to see that the right person is in position to do it."

What I have been told is that Gay intended to serve out 30 years and then have his choice appointed as the new sheriff. Let me begin by explaining to Mr. Gay that he does not choose his replacement. The people of Wilson County choose his replacement.

He apparently thinks we are too stupid to be able to do this. That seems to be a problem we have at all levels of government right now. They all seem to think that We, The People are too stupid to decide who we want to elect.

Calvin Woodard has much more experience in law enforcement than Wayne Gay did when he took over as sheriff.

Somehow, Gay's opinion on who our next sheriff will be is better than the opinion of the 6,586 people in Wilson County that cast their vote for Calvin Woodard.

Were I not registered as a republican, that total would have been 6,587. My wife would have made it 6,588. I really don't appreciate being told I am incapable of deciding who our next sheriff should be. Gay is living up to the above quote by helping to persuade Johnny Farmer to run as a write-in candidate. More on that momentarily.

"... it turned out to be a black-white issue." I feel I need to explain something else to Mr. Gay.

Woodard's victory had nothing to do with race. See, this is where Republicans and Tea Partiers both get a bum rap. It's kinda like Christmas morning. We don't judge the gift based on the paper it is wrapped in. We want to see what's inside of that wrapping.

When we cast our votes, we are concerned with the person and what's inside, not with the color of skin the person is wrapped in. I'm curious; since Woodard actually won the precinct that Gay lives in and this is all about race, what is the black/ white ratio in Mr. Gay's country club neighborhood?

Sure Mr. Gay; it's true that blacks voted for Calvin Woodard instead of you. It's also true that WHITES voted for Calvin Woodard instead of you. They ALL voted for character, integrity and honor- things you showed with your words that you really do not have.

Gay went on to say "I call upon Calvin to try to rebuild on what he has torn apart."
Calvin has torn nothing apart. Calvin has UNITED people of all walks of life in Wilson County.

See, much of Wilson County has lived in fear of Wayne Gay for a lot of years now. Very few have ever dared to challenge Gay on anything much less actually run against him for sheriff. Calvin wasn't afraid and he did stand up and challenge Gay and in doing so, he emboldened many others to do so as well.

Now we no longer have to be afraid of Gay and law- abiding citizens have no reason to fear Calvin Woodard. Actually, the fear of Wayne Gay went much further than just this county. The rumors and accusations of wrong- doing have never been investigated. I know the SBI is aware of it and refuses to investigate. So many have been so afraid of Wayne Gay that he has become untouchable. That is until Calvin Woodard took a stand.

"If he thinks for one minute that he's going to walk in the office in November without any opposition on the ballot, he's a fool."

I know Woodard well and have for a long time. He is a lot of things, but one thing he is not is a fool. In November, not only will he have the democrat vote he won in the primary, but I think you are going to find he is also going to overwhelmingly win the republican and independent vote as well.

Mr. Gay has expressed his concern for all the people that work for him and how he calls on Calvin to keep them in place. For starters, that would be just plain stupid.

When you take a job at the sheriff's department, you know a new sheriff may come in and get rid of whoever he wants to. There are some fine deputies there and I am sure Calvin will keep many of them, but why would he keep your top people that have been completely loyal to you and will never be loyal to him? That makes no sense at all to me.

I know why you want them to stay there though. See, I have figured this out. I now believe the things I have heard regarding your own criminal activity may very well be true. I know Calvin has promised to investigate and find out. That's exactly what you are afraid of, isn't it?

If it is true, you will go to jail. If your top people stay in place, they will never allow this investigation to reveal anything. If Johnny Farmer wins as a write- in, there will never be a real investigation conducted. Farmer has never done me any wrong, but if the accusations made against you are true, then what has his involvement in it been? I find it hard to believe he has served under you for so long and reached the position he now has and was never involved or at least aware of what has gone on. If the accusations are true and he wasn't at least aware, then he is not fit to be sheriff.

Mr. Gay, why are you so dead-set against Calvin Woodard? He's a fine Christian man who conducts himself with dignity. I would love for my children to view him as a role- model. I've even been fortunate enough to get to know his wife and I believe she is also a wonderful person as well and they will be a positive asset for Wilson County. Why are you so opposed to him?

You have earned your retirement and have more than enough money to last well beyond the rest of your life. Why have you acted as you have?

The conclusion I have reached angers me tremendously. I have defended you when others have insisted to me that you are involved in criminal activity. The only logical explanation I can find for your actions is that at least some of the accusations are true and you are very much afraid of going to jail. That's the only thing that makes sense to me. Some of your accusers are probably lying, but too many people claim to have seen too much and some of them have no reason to lie and nothing to gain by lying.

What else can it be?

http://www.wilsonncteaparty.com/profiles/blogs/wayne-gay-apologizes


photo:WRAL

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really hope Mr. Woodard wins and does some investigating the department he will be assuming command of. I have heard of many distubing things that have happened at the department. But one hears rumors and we all know with as many people that work at the WCSD there are always rumors and stories. But when employees come forward and tell of things that happened, which violate proably every policy and regulation for the behavior of a officer of the department and nothing happens, what are you to think? Things that other law enforecment agencys have terminated officers for are swept away and it's like it never happened. The sad part is a lot of people know what happened, but like a lot of us they need their jobs and cannot aford to speak out. But they should not have to. When officers in the department know that even when someone comes forward and says a wrong has occured, and nothing happend, what can you do? It is a time for a change. I hope if Mr. Woodard wins, he does as he promises and cleans up Wilson. He needs to start in house, all he has to do is ask questions, if people think things might change people will talk.