Monday, May 3, 2010

Sheriff Gay Baseball Cards Afloat

Parents Outraged Sheriff Gay Baseball Cards Given 6 Years Olds @ Wells Elementary School

Parents of children attending Wells Elementary School were beside themselves when their children arrived home from school last week with Wayne Gay baseball cards and deputy sheriff badges. The Human Justice Coalition (HJC) was called and contacted the Board of Education Friday morning.
First I was transferred to Dr. Patty Saunders-Smith. She answered the phone upset and asked how did I get this number? I was taking aback. I asked did I need to speak with someone else. Question she could not answer because she had only given me time to say hello and she was still bent out of shape and rude about her number. Do they have numbers at the Board of Education that the public is not privy to?

How are you caring for our children with such a rude attitude about a phone number? I asked to speak with someone else. She told me she would pass the message. I asked to whom so I could follow up because you know I was not trusting her to be a professional, if she tripped on a phone number, that I am pretty sure she does not pay the bill for.

Tommy Finch was the next person I spoke with and he had not a clue why the Sheriff’s baseball card was being given out @ Wells, but he assured me he was in his car on the way to speak with the principal and would find out for me. Naturally, Mr. Finch did not return my call after his research as he had promised me. I called that afternoon to inquire what was going on?

Mr. Finch now tries to convince me that the program had been ongoing for two (2) years and the children must collect the cards from the officers in the Sheriff’s Department each officer gives out his own card. I listened and asked if it had been going on for two (2) years then why was he not aware of the program in one of the schools under his command.

Next, Wayne Gay was not who the children received the baseball card from because he was not present. And finally, because it was in the middle of an election and we both know what this sudden urge to give the children Sheriff baseball cards was all about and totally inappropriate in the school system. It could be continued after the elections, if it indeed had been going on for two years.

He, too became defensive and rude. When I asked if it was going on in any other schools. He said he didn’t know. I told him I was going to file a formal complaint and he asked me who was I going to complain to. I told Mr. Finch I had so many choices, he would just have to wait and see.

Article reprinted by permission from the Human Justice Coalition

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

._.